Monday, March 26, 2007

The Racing website

Due to an issue with our service provider the website for our racing team is a little messed up. They offered no explanation as to what happened and for some reason the older version I uploaded doesn't display properly. I've been working on a new site over the last few days and have a beta version up now. You can check it out at http://www.pozernickracing.com/test.php

If you have firefox or internet explorer 7 it should display properly. If you're using an older browser it may look a little messed. I believe I've found a way to fix that, but since I'm at work as I write this (yeah, busy day) I'll have to wait until later to try it out. For the final "version 2.0" of the site I may implement the same banners that are found on the old version (total of 4 images with the selection being a random one each time the page loads.

Since Grant's Daytona should be ready for the opening weekend in May I'll be working to get some newer pictures than what I currently have. I spent too much time before filming the car instead of taking pictures.

I have another movie to recommend: 300. It's an adaptation of Frank Miller's adaptation (nice, adaptation of an adaptation) of the Battle of Thermopylay in which 300 Spartan soliders led by Leonidas stood against the Persian Army controlled by Xerxes. Considering Xerxes army at the time is anywhere from one million to 2.6 million in strength... well, that shows you what kind of fight the Spartans had on their hands. Now mind you the fight took place in a pass that was around 50 feet wide, so only so many Persians could get through at any one time. The battle lasted ~3 days before the Spartans were betrayed by a man telling the Persians about a path that lead around the Spartans.

Anyway, the entire movie was shot against a green screen and all the scenery was added in after using computers. The cinematography is stunning, while the story is really a simple one. Lots of action, lots of violence (hey, they did fight in hand to hand combat back then), but not a lot of story. Then again, the story of what happened is told, so I guess that makes it ok. It's not Gladiator or Braveheart quality, but it still stands on it's own merits. I'd watch it again.

No comments: