Monday, December 18, 2006

First Curling Win!

WooHoo! We won our first curling game on friday 10-3. I figured we were off to a bad start being down 3 in the first end but it just clicked after that. I could attribute it to my early set up as lead, but that would be stretching it a bit. I made some good shots though if I do say so myself. The only time I messed up was when listening to my skip ;-) I saw where he wanted the rock and then when he signalled to do an in turn I was confused on how the rock was supposed to get where he wanted it. It was a mix up of course and he had meant for me to do an out turn. Again, I was doing what my skip told me to do =)

Other than that the weekend was a lazy one. I'm still not 100% but feeling better than I did on friday. Still have some aches and pains which I'm thinking is still that flu hanging on. We finally got around to watching Ice Age 2: the Meltdown on saturday night. It was quite entertaining... but then again Marla and I like watching the CGI animated movies., so it may not be in everyone's tastes.

The Nintendo Wii seems to be selling extremely well still. Toys R Us was getting a shipment in for Saturday and I had thought about seeing if I could pick one up. That changed however when I read on a local forum that there were already people in line up at 11:30 pm the night before. Two guys sold their spots in line for $400 each. Personally I would do that if I was there as well. Just wait a month or so and they will be readily available. The Playstation 3 is available if you know where to look as well. Perhaps when it takes a price cut I'll look at getting one.

I finished up Stephen King's latest paperback offering this weekend as well. Cell is an ok novel but felt a little short and almost incomplete. The idea behind the story is that a "pulse" is sent out over cell phones and any one using a cell phone has their brain "erased". Initially people are raving mad, killing and destroying anything they see. Eventually they evolve into something different. We're never told who initiated the "pulse" and the ending is almost a cliff hanger. It would have made a better short story in a collection than a novel by itself. If I had to compare it to another King story it would be The Long Walk, although that story is much better. Either way, it's a good read to pass a night or two if you're a Stephen King fan.

2 comments:

BILL said...

Hey Tony,nice stuff, nice to know where i can go and see what ur upto.congrats on ur 1st curling win. always something i want to try.anyway keep posting and i'll keep reading.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO U AND MARALA

Tony said...

Thanks uncle Bill:) Curling is quite fun and I enjoy it more each time we play. I wasn't sure I would, but I'm happy I gave it a go. It's also nice to have my brother in law, Grant, and his girlfriend playing with us as they both have experience.