Monday, November 13, 2006

New Personal Best

Now that I have my Nike+ unit properly calibrated I can actually run and get a correct reading while doing so. The Nike+ unit is within a couple seconds +/- the treadmill's pace. I know running on a treadmill is not the same as outdoors, but since it's gotten colder and there is ice on the streets I'd rather mill it than risk slipping and falling or something.

Anywho, I set a new personal best mile tonight at a time of 9 minutes 14 seconds. I know that's not an amazing time, but for me it is =) My first run with the nike unit showed a pace of 7m31s per km. This latest run was 5m52s per km. That's a pretty good increase in the last two months.

I know I'm making progress since I can run at consistent 7mph on the treadmill without a problem whereas last year when we first got it 7 mph was my "burst" speed.

WooHoo for me! =)

No comments: